Before the FilCab, There was Cony
In the 60's, the Cony was the popular mode of transportation for the Iriga-Nabua route. The miniature cars were manufactured by Aichi Machine Industry Company in Nagoya, Japan, founded in 1943. In 1965, the company became part of the Nissan group. Its 360cc model, which was the one converted as a passenger car, was powered by a 354cc 18hp 2 cyl. engine, making it more fuel-efficient; and, meant lower taxes for its manufacturer. The rise of the Philippine-manufactured jeeps like the very colorful Sarao and its competitor, the Francisco Motors; and the emergence of independent local bus operators who saw in the increasing number of passengers travelling to and from Iriga a new business opportunity; spelled the eventual demise of this once Little Prince of the Iriga-Nabua Road in the early 70's.